Sunday, April 21, 2013

Back in the day...

Moving is more difficult then I remember.  Sorting through stuff, finding a new place to put it...  I spend hours packing and shuffling tons of stuff only to load the truck and come back to something that doesn't look like I even made a dent.  And I don't even have that much stuff! 

I'm trying to set aside time to reflect and think of all the memories here at Windy Knob.  When looking back, it's hard not to start at the very beginning; May of 2008.  Just the other day I came across a letter from the previous owners which had been dropped off on our first morning in the house.  "To The New Home Owners" its read, and it spoke of what a magical place the farm is.  And you know what Sheila, you were absolutely right.  Windy Knob lived up to every expectation I had and then some!  It truly is a wonderful place.  That letter meant a lot to me as I'm a sentimental guy (some of you laugh, go ahead, but I am dang it) and will cherrish it for years to come.  I don't have anything but positive things to say about this experience and will want to look back years from now and reflect on it.  And when I pull that letter out and read it, I can still feel myself standing there in the dark brown panelling of the 1970's kitchen, reading the letter on top of the harvest gold laminate countertops with loose linoelum square tiles shuffling under my feet.  But you know what, the view was just as incredible that day as it is right now...

One of my favorite things is finishing a project and looking back at what it was.  It was almost comical to me when I came across the orignal appraisal dated April of 2008.  It shows the exterior of the house and a few interior pictures.  My oh my we have come a long way! But even so, I was still enamered with the place back then, just as I am today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment